Vienna is also renowned as the world’s capital of music. It has been home to “Waltz King” Johann Strauss, “Prince of Song” Franz Schubert, Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms, Schoenberg and Mahler, not to mention Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Enjoy an unrivalled selection of music – from opera and operettas to concerts and musicals – in Vienna, music is literally in the air!
Vienna‘s outskirts are also especially attractive: romantic landscapes and picturesque villages invite you for a day‘s outing.
Vienna is at its most beautiful in winter. There are many great ways to discover and explore the city.
- Visit the Imperial Butterfly House & the MuseumsQuartier
- Take an evening trip and take a look at Belvedere Palace at night
- Visit a Christmas market & drink Weihnachtspunsch
- Ice skating & Try some roasted chestnut
- Listen to an advent concert
- Vienna is the city of cafés and breweries - experience the lifestyle of world-famous cafés and pubs & try some good craft beers and cake.
© WienTourismus/Christian Stemper & Peter Rigaud